Full Frontal with Samantha Bee isn’t the only late-night show fronted by a woman that’s eligible for an Emmy in the Outstanding Variety Talk Series category.
But Bee is the only woman left standing. Literally.
While E!’s Busy Tonight and BET’s Raq Rants aren’t airing new episodes anytime soon, Bee’s show continues weekly on TBS. Moreover, unlike her male counterparts, she doesn’t need to sit at a desk. But as she demonstrates in this first of several For Your Consideration videos for Emmy voters, Bee will sit at a desk if it makes you feel more comfortable about nominating her and her show. Roll the clips!
Here, by the way, are all of the Emmy-eligible shows in the category for Outstanding Variety Talk Series in 2019:
- Busy Tonight (E!)
- CONAN (TBS)
- The Daily Show With Trevor Noah (COMEDY CENTRAL)
- Desus & Mero (SHOWTIME)
- The Fix (NETFLIX)
- Full Frontal With Samantha Bee (TBS)
- The Jim Jefferies Show (COMEDY CENTRAL)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)
- Last Call With Carson Daly (NBC)
- Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (HBO)
- The Late Late Show With James Corden (CBS)
- Late Night With Seth Meyers (NBC)
- The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (CBS)
- Norm Macdonald Has A Show (NETFLIX)
- Patriot Act With Hasan Minhaj (NETFLIX)
- Raq Rants (BET)
- Real Time With Bill Maher (HBO)
- Redacted Tonight (RUSSIA TODAY)
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC)
- Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen (BRAVO)
And no, I don’t know why David Letterman’s Netflix talk show isn’t in this category. He’s in the Informational Series or Special category instead.