Conan O’Brien announced on Monday night’s Conan that he and his Team Coco crew would bring their TBS late-night talker back to Chicago this June for a week of tapings that coincides with the 2012 TBS Just For Laughs Chicago comedy festival.
O’Brien thus fulfills the promise he made during last May’s upfront presentations for TBS, when he said Conan would travel to NYC in fall 2011, and Chicago sometime in 2012.
He previously had taped his old NBC Late Night show in the Windy City back in May 2006. Team Coco, meanwhile, taped their own special hosted by Andy Richter and featuring music from Reggie Watts and stand-up from Conan’s writers, as part of the 2010 JFL Chicago fest.
The tapings will take place June 11-14, 2012, at the Chicago Theatre, during late afternoons.
But how do you get tickets if you’re in the area that week?
Team Coco has all of your information needs for the Chicago tapings, but I’ll summarize them:
- You have to be 16 or older with photo ID.
- Tickets will be distributed via online lottery, so fill out the form provided on the Team Coco link (see above).
- You’ll find out if you and/or your group won tickets via email during the week of May 28. Make sure you don’t let emails from ConanTickets@conacotv.com slip into your spam folder.
- If you do win tickets, don’t show up early (you only can claim them day of), but don’t show up too late (they overbook the shows).
- If you don’t win tickets, then you can try your luck at Standby Tickets.
Still have questions? Visit the Team Coco Chicago tickets page.