Before my emailbox gets way out of hand, here's some more links, notes and video clips to pass along:
- Did you know about the British Invasion? No, not the War of 1812. No, not the rock music of the 1960s. We're talking about the British comedians. There's the British Comedy Invasion. What's that? Old guys improvising tonight and tomorrow at NYC's Webster Hall. You like? You like better if you know one of those guys improvised a long long time ago with Mike Myers, which means Myers might drop on by? The Apiary says maybe! The UCB Theatre in NYC also is experiencing a UK Invasion of sorts. Simon Amstell performs tonight, Francesca Martinez performs tomorrow, and Tom Allen invades on Monday.
- Great interview with Kay Cannon about writing for 30 Rock, which airs a live episode tonight! Timely! Thanks to Rachael Mason and Splitsider for this.
- Rolling Stone magazine has named Reggie Watts its Hot Comedian for 2010. Stay hot, Reggie!
- If you want to know why New York City's up-and-coming comedians love The Creek and the Cave in Long Island City, then listen to The Comedy Nerds as they interview the joint's owner, Rebecca Trent!
- Babelgum wonders who The Office will get to replace Michael Scott as the boss, and they have a few suggestions.
- MySpace sent comedian Ben Gleib to the Stony Awards. Yes, all three of those things exist!
- Cinemax sent comedian Dave Hill to New York Fashion Week. Yes, all three of those things exist!