Netflix helped take home multiple honors in the annual pay-to-play Webby Awards, with Funny or Die, CollegeHumor and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon also bringing in wins for their 2015 online efforts.
Netflix’s special achievement victories came courtesy of Chelsea Peretti, named outstanding comedy performance for her stand-up special, Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats; meanwhile, Ellie Kemper and Tituss Burgess won best actress and best actor for their performances in the first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
Other Webby Award winners for 2015 include:
- Funny or Die for Humor (Cracked.com won the “People’s Voice” in this category)
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon for Television, and also for Entertainment Channel
- CollegeHumor with “If Google was a Guy” for Best Individual Performance; Best Writing, Online Video
- Rob Cantor with “Shia LaBeouf” LIVE, for Best Individual Short
- Jimmy Kimmel Live with “Celebrities Read Mean Tweets” for Best Long Form or Series (The Fine Bros. won the “People’s Voice” for “Kids React” in this category)
- Howard Stern Birthday Bash for Best Events & Live Webcasts
- “Objects Hacked to Make Music” for Best Experimental & Weird (“Too Many Cooks” from Adult Swim won the “People’s Voice” in this category)
- Weird Al Yankovic’s “Foil” with CollegeHumor won the “People’s Voice” in the Music Video category
- Jerry Seinfeld’s “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” won for Best Series (Branded)
- Talking Dead with Chris Hardwick on AMC won in Best Variety for its interactive components
- Jimmy Kimmel Live‘s “Halloween Candy Prank” won Best Viral Video
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver won for Best Writing in Social
- Ellen DeGeneres was responsible for Celebrity/Fan wins in best site, her “Oscar Selfie” and her show’s social media
- The Onion won for Best Humor in Social
Hannibal Buress will preside over a celebration banquet for the winners on May 19 in New York City. Here’s his presentation of the Deep Webbys. Roll the clip!