Tiffany Haddish’s catchphrase, “She Ready,” also served as the title of her Showtime stand-up special in 2017.
Now she’s ready to help six of her friends in comedy take the next step, presenting and producing their first half-hour specials for Netflix. It’s called They Ready, with filming taking place last night and tonight in Los Angeles.
“I am introducing six of my favorite comedians – in my eyes, they are super stars. The epitome of They Ready,” Haddish said.
- Chaunté Wayans (Wild n’ Out, 50 Shades of Black)
- April Macie (Last Comic Standing, Dave Attell’s Comedy Underground; Snoop Dogg’s: Bad Girls of Comedy, Jenny McCarthy’s Dirty Sexy Funny)
- Tracey Ashley (Last Comic Standing; The Last O.G.)
- Aida Rodriguez (Last Comic Standing, The Comedian, Comedy Central’s This Week at the Comedy Cellar, The Young Turks)
- Flame Monroe (Def Comedy Jam)
- and Marlo Williams (BET’s Comicview)
Haddish executive produced for She Ready Productions alongside Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Productions.
Netflix has not yet announced a premiere date for They Ready.