NBC has picked Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York and Seattle as the host cities for its 2019 StandUp NBC auditions.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary, StandUp NBC is the network’s annual nationwide search for stand-up comedians of diverse backgrounds. Notable contest alumni include Tone Bell, Michelle Buteau, W. Kamau Bell, Deon Cole, Lil Rel Howery, Hasan Minhaj, Amanda Seales, and Dulcé Sloan. Mike E. Winfield is the most recent winner. This year’s winner receives a talent holding deal with NBCUniversal and a headlining spot at NACA (the National Association for Campus Activities).
All five cities on the 2019 tour also offer online video submissions where comics can submit a recent two-minute performance in lieu of attending the first-round open call. Chicago won’t have an open call at all, only online submission. Go here to submit online!
- Online Submissions: March 25 – April 12
- First Round Open Call: May 18
- Semi-finalist Showcase: May 19
- Online Submissions: April 14–26
- Semi-finalist Showcase: June 9
Los Angeles (Oxnard)
- Online Submissions: May 13–31
- First Round Open Call: July 8
- Semi-finalist Showcase: July 9
- Online Submissions: June 10 – July 1
- First Round Open Call: Aug. 10
- Semi-finalist Showcase: Aug. 12
- Online Submissions: July 8 – July 29
- First Round Open Call: Sept. 7
- Semi-finalist Showcase: Sept. 8