Before these items lose the "new" part of the news, here's a look at the good, the bad and the weird making news in comedy today:
- The 2010 winners of the British Comedy Awards were honored over the weekend. See the full list of winners and nominees!
- On the other hand, the Razzies announced their nominees today for worst in American movies for 2010. Whoopsies all around.
- Somewhere in between is Harvard's annual Hasty Pudding man and woman of the year. This year's honorees: Jay Leno and Julianne Moore.
- Alan Sepinwall sat down with Louis CK following his TCA press tour panel, and so you'll want to read this interview.
- The Guinness Book of World Records still recognizes The Comic Strip Live in NYC for longest continuous stand-up comedy show, but don't tell that to the Laugh Factory in Hollywood, and definitely don't tell that to the comedians who spent 81 hours telling jokes over the weekend at Magooby's Joke House outside of Baltimore. You can see clips of Magooby's Really Really Really Long Comedy Show on Ustream. Please don't try this at home. And by home, I mean your home club. Or at home.