Lost Password?

A password will be emailed to you. You will be able to change your password and other profile details once you have logged in.

How To Audition For Season 8 of Last Comic Standing on NBC, Without Having Your Agent or Manager Hook You Up

lastcomicstanding-season7-finalists-nbc

The official NBC Last Comic Standing website is still a few days away from making the leap from 2010 to present-day 2014. But the email line is open now if you want Last Comic's producers to consider you for an on-air callback audition!

That is, if Gmail is working today...

Spoiler alert: It is. Despite what you may have heard/seen earlier, Gmail is up.

And bigger SPOILER ALERT! Gmail right now is the only way to be seen by Last Comic producers and bookers. There will be no open casting calls with lines down the street outside of comedy clubs for season eight of LCS. Not that attending an open casting call for Last Comic Standing ever did any aspiring stand-up any favors -- working professional comedians always received booked auditions and bypassed the lines thanks to their agents and/or managers. So if you want to have any hope of seeing yourself onstage as a Last Comic Standing finalist -- like the 10 comedians pictured above from season 7 in 2010 (Tommy Johnagin, Laurie Kilmartin, Felipe Esparza, Jonathan Thymius, Roy Wood Jr., Mike DeStefano, James Admonian, Myq Kaplan, Maronzio Vance, Rachel Feinstein), then send LCS producers an email here:

Lastcomicstanding8@gmail.com

"They should send us a link to their stand-up and include contact info," producers told The Comic's Comic. Please include a link to your best performance material, as well as a brief bio, including where you're based, any credits you already have, and years of experience.

Related: NBC Casting info is up for various other shows that appeal to stand-up comedians, including America's Got Talent and Stand-Up For Diversity. Updated info for Last Comic should be available online next week.

Further intel: The Comic's Comic spoke with Last Comic Standing's executive producer Page Hurwitz (who is resurrecting the TV competition with Wanda Sykes), as well as with original former LCS e.p. Barry Katz.

P.P.S. NBC's head of alternative programming, Paul Telegdy, spoke with The TV Page last weekend during TCAs, and said season 8 for Last Comic Standing would not include a house, but would include challenge rounds as seen during earlier seasons and iterations. Plus: Mentoring from veteran headliner comedians, a la NBC's hit, The Voice: “One of the things that we have learned from THE VOICE [and] reflects the relationship that more senior stand-up comedians have with young up-and-comers is that they will frequently have people to open for them, And so we thought it would be fun to introduce an element of mentorship and that could attract some rally big names.”

No names of mentors or a host for LCS8 yet, though. Stay tuned!

Editor and publisher since 2007, when he was named New York's Funniest Reporter. Former newspaper reporter at the New York Daily News, Boston Herald and smaller dailies and community papers across America. Loves comedy so much he founded this site.

Like this? Share it.

Related Posts

30 Comments

1. This week in comedy: With BJ's book trailerThe Laugh Button

[...] You can email submissions to Last Comic Standing 8. [The Comic's Comic] [...]

2. mike Proto

Started stand-up on a dare in April 2013.. Haven't had a bad set yet!..The sound of laughter is my favorite music.It would be a great honor to be a part of your contest.

3. TBS orders eight episodes of Marlon Wayans’ “Funniest Wins” comedy competition series | The Comic's Comic

[...] Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz are accepting recommendations for contestants now, as well as open submissions so far only via Gmail. No auditions for LCS. A new website is being built for the show; in the meantime, NBC scrubbed the [...]

4. Libby

Help! I'm 60 years old and my inner comic wants to have a childhood! Anyone out there need a crazy senior citizen?

• Dr. Ay I. Eye, (Patty Dalmau)

I just made the senior citizen cut--yeah! I need a partner to do 3-5 mins sketch comedy, Second City/I Love Lucy/SNL/George Lopez/Whoopie type with non-smokers.

5. theodore schmelke

hello who it might concern,i been on stage as a stand up comedian,on long island,and nyc.i can do physical comedy,and im creative in improv,i have a comic mind,and have good ideas with comedy,i dont have much experince but im verry talented and can raise a erection on a deadmam.i work well with all people,easy too get along,im good and im a gifted comedian,i would like a chance too audition,i live on long island,allways want too work with other comedians and actors,thank you.

6. Last Comic Standing 8 will premiere May 22, 2014, on NBC; JB Smoove to host, with Roseanne Barr, Keenen Ivory Wayans and Russell Peters to judge | The Comic's Comic

[...] This eighth season is invitation only. NBC still hasn't updated the show's website yet, but the casting page encourages would-be contestants to contact them with video submissions and references by email. [...]

7. Randy Masters

I sent them an email with links last Sunday, March 30, but received a reply email that they were not accepting any more submissions. Just an FYI for you all! ;-)

• Sean L. McCarthy

Yes. If you're just trying now, you're already too late. Last Comic held their showcases for the Top 100 last week. Good luck, though, to everyone who made it thus far!

8. Muhammad Ali

Just recently started doing standup, I've heard good things, people laugh. I need to make a video though...

9. kitti bridgeman

I can't believe I did not get a heads up for this my manager is gonna be so fired. I so wanted to do this. As the year I was going to try out my sister fell ill. She was so upset with me for not going to the try out. She passed away 2 years ago and I so wanted to do this for her.

10. terry obrien

I guess I am either selective or very unlimited on my resourche's of things I can do fo people to see my talent. If I am suppose to have a agent or a booking agent I guess that's why I'm out of luck. All I'm doing is letting other people see what I can do and they write it better and for themselves. I think no I know I'm good I just need exposure and shows letting me on their show. Beauty is skin deep and unfortunately the eyes get tired before they (the audience) gets tired before they see the beauty of my act or even in me.

11. terry obrien

Please consider me for season 9 of LCS. Maybe I will get exposure on some show so you can see what I do beside thinking up material and it going nowhere just like me.

12. Debra Morrison

I am a a mature and I want a 3 minutes to make the judges lol.

13. Daniel Kinsey

I am a Baptist pastor there's not a dull moment in a service or at my job where I work as a car salesman. All my friends and coworkers say I should be in stand up comedy. I'm ready to go after it.

14. Bobo Bobo

Fun show but, your female judge is horrible. Why is she there? Get a better personality, someone who is more appealing.

15. Geraldine Bowers

I have finally got the nerve to do this. I have only did this twice in my life. I'm 43 my number is 253-302-4747 If its to late to get in please give me some tips on how to do better. Thank you for your time. I also play characters.

16. Geraldine Bowers

http://youtu.be/SnJxhuT82W0 I forgot to attach my site. Please check me out and give me some advice ?? Thanks EVERYONE AND ANYONE !!

17. Dennis H Johnson

I would like sign up for your next show

18. Roberto R Bslderas

comedy good medicine. I passed on a dream years ago and Here I am A small business man ready to make strangers laugh give me a shot. 316-613-1493 Thanks.

19. RONZAIL

I WAS BORN TO BE A JOKESTER IM 34 LIVE AND MIAMI TRYING TO BETTER MYSELF I COULD TELL JOKE,WRITE PLAY'S,HAVE 2 LIL GIRLS IN THINK THIS ONE OF MY TALENTS GOD BLESSED ME WITH..I WAS SHY TO IT INTO I SAID IF I COULD DO UT IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY IT SHOULD FEEL THE SAME.....BUT I BEEN WRITTEN TYLER PERRY TO SHOW MY talent IN SOME PLAYS I PUT TOGETHER FOR NO MONEY JUST TO LET THEM SEE THAT IM BLESSED...BUT I GUESS I'LL END THIS NOW U HAVE MY GMAIL ACCOUNT...IN MY NNUMBER IS 786-413-8985

20. Ty Badger

My experience... I live in (Evil) Las Vegas! I have done stand up 3 times. Wrote for 2 newspapers as a freelance writer. Wrote all the school plays and starred in one. Can show you the most horrifying witch you will ever see. Starred in a B movie called, CRPTY(I know I misspelled it). I'm a student at CSN college, took Acting I, got an A. (I knew I would). I'm still in school. Look...I have been performing my WHOLE LIFE! Just give this poor, beggar woman a chance! Man...! Please...please...please. I have talent I swear!!!!

21. beauvoi morisset

I am a singer comedian. I would like to be a contestant for next season. My phone number is 9787984077. I have very good joke. I do stand up comedy in several parties. Please give me a call

22. beauvoi morisset

I am a singer comedian. I would like to be a contestant for next season. I have been singing and do stand up comedy for the past 25 years My phone number is 9787984077. I have very good joke. I do stand up comedy in several parties, clubs . Please give me a call. My email address is morissetbeauvoi@yahoo.com

23. Lynn Harvey (AKA) Lynnie pooh

I've never had the opportunity to stand up in front if professionals but have been told should have did it long time ago. I've been told that i have what it takes i don't know the first thing to do i not computer great, so what do i need to do? I know if given the chance, no regrets, u know that saying u take the first step he will c u through the rest of the way , the door has a crack in it now, now it need to open so any further advice pls by all means.

24. Lynn Harvey (AKA) Lynnie pooh

I need help doing what's necessary to get going don't know the first thing to do.

25. Haroon Ramzan

check this comedy video out I made. Similar to SNL Weekend Update. Actually BETTER!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJI6SaPEyUc

26. Monique Latise

I would like to audition for last comic standing

27. Think Floyd

Hi I'm comedian Think Floyd JB Smoove brother would i dismissed from the show because the my brother ?

28. Lovell Rucker

I would like to audition for last comic standing.everybody tells me i missed my callig, i guess it might be my time now.THANK YOU