Ticket requests remain available for a planned Comedy Central taping happening Oct. 27-28, 2020, in Malibu, Calif., for a new Jeff Dunham Thanksgiving comedy special.
Dunham’s own website pops up an alert to fans who may have purchased tickets to other 2020 shows on his tour (most of which already have been postponed to 2021).
Whether the tour is back on or not, the famous ventriloquist does look to perform later this month for Comedy Central. While tickets would be distributed free via TV audience coordinators 1iota, the specific site of the filming in Malibu is not disclosed publicly (whether it’s indoors or outdoors). But 1iota does alert potential audience members to testing and other protocols to comply with ever-changing COVID-19 guidelines.
This event will be in full compliance with local and state regulations. All ticket holders must be tested for COVID-19 and cleared to attend the event. Testing will be provided by production and coordinated upon ticket confirmation.
AT THE EVENT
- An audience member’s right to enter and remain at the event is conditioned upon his/her compliance with safety protocols as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Social distancing will be practiced at check-in, holding areas, seating arrangements and ingress/egress procedures.
- Each Fans’ temperature will be taken upon arrival prior to entering the check-in area.
- All fans will be required to wear face coverings throughout their entire on-site Fan Experience.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon arrival at the check-in location as well as other touch points throughout the Fan Experience.
- Reduced capacities will be implemented to ensure social distancing.
Dunham would be returning to Comedy Central after a 2015 NBC primetime effort and two more recent specials for Netflix.
Comedy Central, though, gave Dunham a high profile — and delivered record-high ratings for Comedy Central — by rebroadcasting his 2005 DVD, Arguing With Myself, in 2006. That led to subsequent specials and his own sitcom on the network by 2009. He had six specials air on Comedy Central through 2014.