For the second year, truTV is partnering with the New York Television Festival to sponsor the truTV Comedy Breakout Initiative, offering up to $25,000 for the winning creator to develop his/her/their pitch into a potential series for the cable network.
|It’s free to submit. To qualify, you need to submit the following:
- A series overview (up to four pages)
- A current C.V.
- A project proof of concept in the form of one (1) of the following:
- a produced comedy pilot and/or series (up to 20 minutes)
- a produced “in progress” work (minimum four minutes)
- a paper-developed format (up to eight pages)
The digital submission platform will remain open from May 2-23, 2018. For submission details, a full creative brief, and additional information, visit the initiative page HERE.
Finalists in the initiative will be invited to the 14th annual New York Television Festival, taking place the week of July 15, 2018, with Official Artist status.
For inspiration, submitters are encouraged to check out existing truTV original programming, including Impractical Jokers, Adam Ruins Everything, Talk Show the Game Show, The Carbonaro Effect, Hack My Life, The Chris Gethard Show, Comedy Knockout, and Laff Mobb’s Laff Tracks.