Kevin Hart is ready to let you in on what the comedy star has planned for his new funny video hub, LOL Network.
Hart’s Laugh Out Loud Network, in partnership with Lionsgate, will debut Aug. 3, 2017.
The streaming video service will feature original, unscripted programming from Hart, plus others including King Bach, GloZell, Anjelah Johnson, Jo Koy, Emmanuel Hudson, DC Young Fly, Draya Michelle, David So, and Timothy DeLaGhetto, the exclusive digital home for the archives of all seven seasons of Def Jam Comedy, and stand-up showcases filmed at Montreal’s Just For Laughs festival in 2016 and again this year in 2017.
“Funny has no color or gender. With our friends at Lionsgate, we are creating a global network that gives a platform to the next generation of diverse comedians from all over the world, of all ethnicities, to tell their stories,” says Kevin Hart. “Our culture of comedy is unfiltered and inclusive. Most importantly, we exist to make the world laugh.”
As a teaser, Hart has released the first episode of his own sponsored-content hidden camera series, Kevin Hart: Lyft Legend. It’s on Facebook now, with Hart driving in disguise to prank the likes of Trey Songz and Joel McHale.
In addition to Kevin Hart: Lyft Legend, Laugh Out Loud programming highlights include:
- Black Geo (Dormtainment): A satirical investigative series into the origins of black culture through sketch comedy.
- Campus Law(cast: GloZell, Wuz Good, Cynthia Luciette): A scripted sitcom based around three recent college graduates who decide to get jobs as security guards on their former campus. Campus Law was greenlit by Hart at the Laugh Out Loud Presents: Just for Laughs Eat My Shorts pitch session during the 2016 JFL comedy festival.
- Dead House(King Bach, Emmanuel Hudson, D.C Young Fly): A scripted sitcom from one of the world’s top digital comedians, Andrew Bachelor – aka King Bach. Living arrangements become interesting when a human joins the cast of a reality show where 4 zombies must live and work together in one house.
- Hotline Ad:A sequel to Brent Weinbach’s “Gangster Party Line,” Hotline Ad will feature various chat line skits with celebrity comedic appearances (Snoop).
- Inglorious Pranksters: Stand-up comedian Jo Koy hosts this unscripted series that celebrates the Internet’s best viral pranks. In each episode, three UGC pranks will be given the ‘Hall of Fame’ treatment and only one will be inducted into the ‘Hall of Fame’.
- Just For Laughs 2016: 104 comics. 52 episodes, each episode 15 minutes long.
The Laugh Out Loud app will be available for free on iOS and Android on Aug. 3, with a $2.99-per-month upgrade to go ad-free and have full access to all the content.