Moroccan-born Gad Elmaleh is France’s most famous and loved comedian, but only this past month has he begun performing English-language stand-up shows in America, appropriately titled, “All In English.”
Elmaleh will follow up his recent 10-night stint at Joe’s Pub in New York City with another residency from Jan. 21 through March 26, 2016. In the meantime, he’s heading off on his first “All In English” stand-up comedy tour of the United States, with dates through November and December.
The three-time host of the Ceremonies de Cesar (French Oscars) has co-starred in Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris and Steven Spielberg’s The Adventures of Tintin, appeared on his friend Jerry Seinfeld’s web series “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” and spoke in-depth about challenging himself to tell jokes in English with The Comic’s Comic on my podcast, Last Things First.
Hear Gad Elmaleh explain in English his life, career and decision to adapt and learn his French stand-up routine, write new jokes in English.
- Nov. 7 Austin, TX North Door
- Nov. 8 Dallas, TX Sons of Hermann Hall
- Nov. 10 Vancouver, BC The Rio Theatre
- Nov. 11 Seattle, WA The Triple Door
- Nov. 12 Portland, OR Mississippi Studios
- Nov. 15 Los Angles, CA Largo at the Coronet
- Nov. 16 San Diego, CA The Irenic
- Nov. 17 San Francisco, CA Bimbo’s 365 Club
- Dec. 6 New York, NY Joe’s Pub
- Dec. 8 Somerville, MA Johnny D’s
- Dec. 10 Northampton, MA Iron Horse Music Hall
- Dec. 12 South Burlington, VT Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
- Dec. 13 Alexandria, VA The Birchmere
- Dec. 15 Minneapolis, MN The Cedar
- Dec. 16 Chicago, IL Old Town School of Folk Music
- Dec. 17 Toronto, ON Glenn Gould Studio
- Jan. 18 Alexandria, VA The Birchmere
- Jan. 21-March 26 New York, NY Joe’s Pub