The Film Society of Lincoln Center will have a five-day feast of funny feature films this summer by presenting “I Found This Funny: The Comedy World of Judd Apatow,” from July 10-14.
Highlights include screenings of many movies Apatow either has directed or produced, a marathon free screening of Freaks and Geeks, a sit-down conversation with Lena Dunham, and a benefit world premiere of Trainwreck, in which he directed writer/star Amy Schumer. A few films by Hal Ashby (whom influenced Apatow) also will screen as part of the celebration.
Tickets for Members are on sale now and go on sale to everyone else on Thursday. Special VIP packages are available for purchase for the fundraiser, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and 212-875-5620. Visit filmlinc.com to purchase tickets, and for more information.
Florence Almozini, Associate Director of Programming said: “Thankfully it is no longer controversial to suggest that Judd Apatow is a major artist, but nevertheless, the opportunity to show his endlessly influential body of work—all of the films he has directed and some of the most essential films he has produced—mostly on 35mm (his preferred format!) is really special. His films are as moving as they are hilarious, and having Judd on hand to place his work in context will be a can’t-miss experience.”
Single screening tickets are $7 for Members/Students/Seniors, $10 for everyone else. Double features listed below cost $10 for both. Limit one ticket per person while available to the free Freaks and Geeks marathon.
- The Last Detail: 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 10
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin: 7 p.m. Friday, July 10
- Superbad: 9:30 p.m. Friday, July 10
- Being There: 1:30 p.m. Saturday, July 11
- Knocked Up: 4 p.m. Saturday, July 11
- Bridesmaids: 6:45 p.m. Saturday, July 11
- Pineapple Express: 9:15 p.m. Saturday, July 11
- Double Feature! Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Sunday, July 12, 1:15pm, followed by Get Him to the Greek at 3:25 p.m.
- Double Feature! Funny People: 5:45 p.m. Sunday, July 12, followed by This Is 40 at 8:30 p.m.
- Trainwreck (world premiere) with Apatow and cast in attendance: Tuesday, July 14, 7:30 p.m., Alice Tully Hall, 1941 Broadway (at 65th Street) ($50-$75) *For information on special packages for the event, contact email@example.com and 212-875-5620.
Freaks and Geeks marathon (free)
Saturday, July 11, 3:00pm (Episodes 1-9)*
Sunday, July 12, 3:00pm (Episodes 10-18)*
*Venue: Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, 144 West 65th Street
An Evening with Judd Apatow and Lena Dunham: 8 p.m. Monday, July 13 ($25-$35)
*All screenings and events will take place at the Walter Reade Theater (165 West 65th Street, between Broadway and Amsterdam), unless otherwise noted