Several comedy benefit shows are happening in and around NYC to raise money for victims of the storm known as Sandy. Here are the ones we know about. If you know of others, please alert us to add them to the list. Thanks!
Saturday, Nov. 17
Sunday, Nov. 18
- Hurricane Sandy Relief Benefit Show at Comic Strip Live, $50, with Jay Pharoah, Vanessa Bayer, Tim Robinson, John Mulaney, Colin Jost, Mike O’Brien, and Judah Friedlander
Wednesday, Nov. 21
- “Come Get Some Comedy For Hurricane Relief” at the Beacon Theatre starring Artie Lange, Nick DiPaolo, Michael Che, Sherrod Small, John Pizzi, and Colin Quinn, with more comedians to be announced. Also scheduled to appear are Adam Graves, Ralph Macchio and Chazz Palminteri. Spearheaded by WFAN co-hosts Craig Carton and Boomer Esiason, all proceeds from ticket sales will go toward the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund and the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City. Tickets, $55, on sale at Ticketmaster, the Beacon Theatre Box Office, Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden and online at beacontheatre.com, and ticketmaster.com.
- A Benefit to Restore Red Hook, at The Bell House in Brooklyn. $30. With Rosanne Cash, Lizz Winstead, Alex Battles and The Whisky Spitter Rebellion.
Sunday, Nov. 25
- “A Very Funny F*ck You To Sandy,” at The Bell House in Brooklyn. $30, proceeds donated to The Brooklyn Recovery Fund. Eugene Mirman hosts, with Jon Glaser, Wyatt Cenac, Mike Birbiglia, Michael Che.
- UCB’s Hurricane Sandy Relief Show, $15, proceeds for the Ali Forney Center [aliforneycenter.org] in Chelsea to repair damages from Hurricane Sandy. Featuring: Arden Myrin, W. Kamau Bell, Seth Herzog, Dave Hill, Jamie Kilstein, Janine Brito ,Kevin Avery, Sara Benincasa, Katie Halper, C.F. Lederer, Chris Gethard. Hosted by Nato Green
Tuesday, Nov. 27
- MTV Presents Stand-Up For Sandy, The Stand, $15. With Sara Schaefer, Sean Patton, Jim Gaffigan, Nikki Glaser, and Wyatt Cenac
- Jerry Seinfeld at the NYCB Theatre in Westbury, with Colin Quinn opening.