In a live interactive press conference just now, Montreal's Just For Laughs comedy festival announced a string of headliners and other comedians who'll be performing this July.
This year's fest is even longer than usual, with English language shows stretching all the way from July 11-31.
The Galas, moving to Place Des Arts, will include:
- Russell Peters in "Best Night Ever" on July 28 with Jeremy Hotz, Jimmy Carr, Nick Thune, Sebastian Maniscalco and Dom Irrera. "I picked a bunch of guys who I find funny and are also friends of mine," Peters said.
- "The Tribute to Nerds" on July 29, featuring Chris Hardwick, Sammy J and others.
- Eric Stonestreet hosting "Modern Love: The Relationship Show," on July 29 with performers including Bob Marley, Debra DiGiovanni, Russell Kane, Robert Kelly and Tim Minchin.
- Craig Ferguson hosting "International House of Comedy" on July 30, featuring Russell Howard, Nina Conti, Adam Hills and others.
- John Oliver hosting "The Decline of the American Empire" on July 31, with performers including Marc Maron, Colin Quinn and Alonzo Bodden.
What else? Louis CK, Daniel Tosh, Eddie Izzard, Jimmy Carr, Danny Bhoy and Tim Minchin.
The Insider Series will include Picnicface, David Wain's Wainy Days, Colin Quinn's Long Story Short, Kevin Smith, and Kenny Hotz.
Jeff Ross will host the Nasty Show and roast Montreal. "There will be nudity in the show," added festival programmer Robbie Praw.
Other returning features include AMP'd (the music show), The Ethnic Show, The Bar Mitzvah Show, Mom-Com, BritCom, Alternative Comedy, Best of the Fest and New Faces.
There also will be a separate slate of shows appearing again under the Zoofest banner from July 14-31.
You can keep up with the Montreal Just For Laughs schedule here.
One thought on “Montreal’s 2011 Just For Laughs fest adds another week, announces initial list of headliners”
I think I will interview before I apply, thanks for the blog post.
Comments are closed.