What’s happening in the comedy world now…
- Comedy Central has renewed The Burn with Jeffrey Ross for a six-episode second season, coming back on Jan. 8, 2013. “I’m delighted to be off the road for a while and back to work on ‘The Burn,’” said Ross. “I consider it my personal mission to roast the world’s big shots, bullies, and big mouths every single week. The network only had two demands: that I cut down my cursing by ten percent and my hair by eighty percent.”
- NBC has ordered four additional episodes of Guys With Kids, bringing its rookie season to 17 episodes.
- Showtime has renewed Web Therapy for a third season. The series, starring Lisa Kudrow, originated as a web series before going to cable.
- Not so good news, however, for rookie sitcom Partners on CBS. The Eye Network has pulled it from the Monday night schedule, replacing it with a repeat of Two and a Half Men.
- Transforming the World Through Comedy (TWTComedy) announced its partnership with nonprofit Malaria No More for its second annual global interactive 24-hour live streamed stand-up comedy event. The 2013 digital telethon will take place March 27, 2013, broadcast at www.youtube.com/TWTComedy from seven global cities: Sydney, Australia (The Comedy Store), Singapore, London, Toronto (Yuk Yuk’s), New York (Gotham Comedy Club), Austin (Cap City), and Los Angeles (The Hollywood Improv). Confirmed talent includes Reggie Watts, Jake and Amir, Greg Fitzsimmons, Josh Wolf, Kevin Pollak and Paul Mercurio. TWTComedy is co-founded and run by Amber J. Lawson, Zoe Friedman and Jodi Lieberman.proclaimed TWTComedy Co-founder Zoe Friedman.