After cycling through colonels quicker than you get used to them, Kentucky Fried Chicken seemed to settle on Rob Riggle as its TV hypeman dressed up as the late fast-food founder, Col. Harland Sanders.
But Riggle’s reign began with the start of the 2016 football season, so it might as well end with the Super Bowl. Right?
We’ll find out where KFC goes from here, but for Super Bowl Sunday, Billy Zane has gone Goldfinger — or rather, Georgia Gold — to promote the chicken-seller’s latest promotion (chicken marinated in honey mustard BBQ sauce). Their Colonel vs. Colonel commercial teases are online now, with the official TV ad campaign launching during the Super Bowl.
To refresh your memory, KFC has trotted out the following men in the past couple of years to voice or breathe new life into Col. Sanders.
- Animated Colonel: Voice of Randy Quaid
- Darrell Hammond
- Norm MacDonald
- Jim Gaffigan
- Extra Crispy Colonel: George Hamilton
- WWE SummerSlam Colonel: Dolph Ziggler
- Kentucky Buckets Colonel: Rob Riggle
- Nashville Hot Colonel: Vincent Kartheiser
- Georgia Gold Colonel: Billy Zane
Roll the clips.