The Untitled Sketch Comedy Show had a written pilot ready to shoot over the weekend.
Not much made public about the show yet, although Wallach did post the pilot’s cover page online with which to tease and tantalize us until we get to see photos or videos of the actual show.
What we do know is who’s involved. And that’s plenty to get excited about!
Bruce Leddy, whose directing credits included Cougar Town, Jimmy Kimmel Live and Important Things with Demetri Martin, directed the sketch comedy pilot.
Here are your Untitled Sketch Comedy Show writers, who also have enough previous credits in front of the camera to get your imagination going:
- Tim Baltz, a so great as the tech CEO who flummoxes VP Selina Meyer in this most season of HBO’s Veep; (acting credits in Veep, Drunk History) veteran of The Second City, iO
- Colton Dunn, a UCB player and regular in the L.A. cast of ASSSSCAT, was most recently spotted co-starring in the NBC pilot for The Pro with Rob Riggle and Rob Lowe. Dunn also has been writing for Key & Peele and as well as the rebooted Arsenio Hall; and before that, MADtv, Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time.
- Ed Furman is a veteran of The Second City and founding member of The Annoyance Theatre.
- Brian Jack is a regular in iO West’s The Reckoning on Thursday nights.
- Mark Raterman was in the Cook County Social Club troupe with SNL’s Tim Robinson, and previously wrote for The Onion News Network. You can see him at the UCB in L.A.
- Brad Morris you just saw this spring in USA’s Playing House as Bruce. He also plays Jerry in Cougar Town. and is part of The Reckoning with Jack.
- Emily Wilson also has Chicago improv/sketch roots and just so happened to star in a webseries with Morris called Brad & Emily for Cougar Town.
Napier is the founding father of Chicago’s Annoyance Theatre who also directed the 50th anniversary show for The Second City. Gibbons, meanwhile, only also has executive-producer credits on Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Real Husbands of Hollywood, and also is a vice president of the Producers Guild of America.
That about covers the bases!
Wallach also produced a sketch variety pilot with David Koechner over the winter, but the network passed on it, while also airing The Maya Rudolph Show variety pilot executive-produced by Lorne Michaels.