You’ve seen or most likely listened to a Comedy Central podcast before.
The TV network has uploaded episodes of its half-hours or audio extras from network talent to iTunes and elsewhere in the past. But now Comedy Central is making it more official with an official podcast network.
Comedy Central’s podcast network officially launched Wednesday with the debut of The Jim Jefferies Show Podcast, an extension of hit late-night show, The Jim Jefferies Show.
Comedy Central has teamed up with Midroll Media, the leader in podcast advertising, to create and build its own network.
“Podcasting is the next step in the evolution of Comedy Central content, an extremely versatile, and exciting medium that furthers our 360 strategy to allow our talent to express their vision and connect directly with fans across multiple platforms,” said Steve Raizes, SVP, Comedy Central Consumer Products, Experiential and Audio. “We’re huge fans of podcasting and truly excited to create content based on our signature properties as well as entirely new concepts.”
Here’s the full lineup of podcasts coming soon to Comedy Central’s audio network:
- The Jim Jefferies Show – Fans of Comedy Central’s hit late night series The Jim Jefferies Show will be treated to exclusive weekly post-show discussions with Jim and his guests and/or writers. From a deeper dive into to show topics to jokes that didn’t make the cut to far-ranging conversations beyond the show, listeners will get an extraordinary glimpse into Jim’s mind. The Jim Jefferies Show podcast premieres on Wednesday, September 20.
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah: Ears Edition – This daily podcast will feature a highlight segment from the prior night of the Emmy® Award-winning The Daily Show with Trevor Noah as well as the extended interview. The show premiere date is TBD.
- The Daily Show Original Mini-Series (title TBD) – This limited mini-series is a comedic, in-depth look at a particular topic from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah team, anchored by their signature brand of insight, depth and wit. The show premiere date is TBD.
- History of the Roast – Based on Comedy Central’s Emmy® Award-nominated Roast franchise, this podcast mini-series will examine a specific Roast each episode. We will take fans behind-the-scenes with exclusive backstory including audio clips and potential interviews with talent, writers and producers. The show premiere date is TBD.
- Up Next – Based on Comedy Central’s Up Next stand-up discovery franchise, this podcast will highlight rising Comedy Central talent with potential live recordings from NY and LA showcases. The show premiere date is TBD.