Amy Schumer scored big with Grammy nominations in two categories this morning — not only for Best Comedy Album for the audio version of her HBO special, Live at the Apollo, but also in Best Spoken Word Album for her narration of her memoir, The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo.
Patton Oswalt, who this fall won the Emmy for his special, also received a Grammy nomination for it.
Notice that the Grammy nom for David Cross also has modified the spelling of his title since you last remembered it, too.
And here are all of your comedians you should congratulate for Grammy nominations today. The Grammy Awards will be handed out Feb. 12, 2017, on CBS!
BEST COMEDY ALBUM
- …America…Great…, David Cross. Label: Liberal Jewrun Media Productions
- American Myth, Margaret Cho. Label: Clownery Records
- Boyish Girl Interrupted, Tig Notaro. Label: Secretly Canadian
- Live At The Apollo, Amy Schumer. Label: Maverick
- Talking For Clapping, Patton Oswalt. Label: ASpecialThing Records
BEST SPOKEN WORD ALBUM
- The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo, Amy Schumer. Label: Simon & Schuster Audio
- In Such Good Company: Eleven Years Of Laughter, Mayhem, And Fun In The Sandbox, Carol Burnett. Label: Penguin Random House Audio
- M Train, Patti Smith. Label: Penguin Random House Audio
- Under The Big Black Sun: A Personal History Of L.A. Punk (John Doe With Tom Desavia), (Various Artists) Tom DeSavia, John Doe, Scott Sherratt & Dan Zitt, producers. Label: Penguin Random House Audio
- Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink, Elvis Costello. Label: Penguin Random House Audio
— Recording Academy (@RecordingAcad) December 6, 2016