Bill Burr at MSG; Kathy Griffin, Judd Apatow at Carnegie Hall; Trevor Noah topline 2015 New York Comedy Festival
Bill Burr will hit the big-time of Madison Square Garden, while Kathy Griffin, Judd Apatow and friends will play Carnegie Hall this November as headliners for the 2015 New York Comedy Festival, announced late today.
The festival site will relaunch on Tuesday with the updated slate for 2015, which will take place in multiple venues across Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens from Nov. 10-15, 2015, presented by Carolines on Broadway and Comedy Central.
Other headliners hitting the Big Apple this November will include Trevor Noah, Margaret Cho, Sarah Silverman, Norm Macdonald, Bill Maher, Kumail Nanjiani, and Iliza Shlesinger. Conversations will be had in front of live audiences with Patton Oswalt, Billy Crystal and John Leguizamo. Previews will be snuck with Nathan Fielder of Nathan For You. Gabriel Iglesias will showcase his stand-up friends.
“Our aspiration for the festival has always been bringing together talent from all over the comedy spectrum, featuring comedic greats and highlighting emerging talent in the industry. This year’s line-up is no exception,” said Caroline Hirsch, founder and owner of the New York Comedy Festival and Carolines on Broadway. “Throughout the years, the festival has become a staple in the comedy and New York City communities and we look forward to offering another week filled with big laughs.”
"Performing at Carnegie Hall is a dream come true,” said Apatow. "Not for me but for some foreign twelve year old violinist. But I am sure it will be great!"
“Once again, Comedy Central and NYCF are excited to present a stellar line-up of comedic talent and shows,” said Steve Raizes, Senior Vice President, Comedy Central Consumer Products. “It’s a great opportunity for fans to experience the huge range and styles of comedy that take place in New York City."
Here is the initial schedule of headlining performances, with dozens more shows to be announced between now and November:
THE 2015 NEW YORK COMEDY FESTIVAL SCHEDULE
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 11
- A CONVERSATION WITH PATTON OSWALT – 7:30PM – 92ND STREET Y
- MARGARET CHO – THERE’S NO I IN TEAM BUT THERE’S A CHO IN PSYCHO – 8PM – TOWN HALL
THURSDAY, NOV. 12
- NATHAN FIELDER - NATHAN FOR YOU – SNEAK PEAK AND Q & A – 7:30PM – NYU SKIRBALL CENTER
- NORM MACDONALD – 7:30 PM – CAROLINES ON BROADWAY (Through Sunday)
- A CONVERSATION WITH BILLY CRYSTAL AND DAVID STEINBERG – 8PM – TOWN HALL
- KATHY GRIFFIN: LIKE A BOSS – 8PM – CARNEGIE HALL
- GABRIEL IGLESIAS PRESENTS: COMEDIANS OF STAND UP REVOLUTION – 8PM – BEACON THEATRE
- KUMAIL NANJIANI – 10:00PM – NYU SKIRBALL CENTER
FRIDAY, NOV. 13
- SARAH SILVERMAN AND FRIENDS – 8PM – BAM
- ILIZA SHLESINGER – 8PM – NYU SKIRBALL CENTER
- JOHN LEGUIZAMO IN CONVERSATION – 8PM – 92ND STREET Y
SATURDAY, NOV. 14
- JUDD APATOW AND FRIENDS — 7PM – CARNEGIE HALL
- TREVOR NOAH – 7PM – TOWN HALL
- AN EVENING WITH BILL MAHER – 8PM – THE THEATRE AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
- BILL BURR: DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER LAUGHTER? — 8PM — MADISON SQUARE GARDEN