If you weren’t already excited to see the movie Trainwreck this summer (and well, you should be! please read my early review of Trainwreck from SXSW), then this certainly will do the trick.
Amy Schumer and Judd Apatow will hit the road in June for seven all-star stand-up comedy showcases — featuring Schumer’s co-stars Colin Quinn, Dave Attell, Mike Birbiglia and Vanessa Bayer, too.
As Apatow explained to Marc Maron in a new interview published today by Vulture: “We’re about to do a tour to promote Trainwreck, so Amy Schumer, Dave Attell, Mike Birbiglia, Vanessa Bayer, and Colin Quinn and I are going to do seven cities in June, and we’re going to play theaters doing stand-up to promote the movie and give a little of the money to different charities of each city. It was always a dream of mine to do those types of shows.”
Here are the dates and corresponding charities:
- June 14, 2015: Boston, The Wilbur Theatre. BENEFITING: Boston Health Care For The Homeless Program Inc
- June 15: New York City, The Beacon Theatre. BENEFITING: National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- June 17: Toronto, Massey Hall. BENEFITING: David Lynch Foundation
- June 18: Chicago, Harris Theater. BENEFITING: Youth Guidance and YCMA Chicago’s Urban Warriors
- June 19: San Francisco, The Nourse. BENEFITING: 826 National and 826 Valencia
- June 20: Seattle, The Moore Theatre. BENEFITING: Hilarity for Charity
- June 21: Los Angeles, The Wiltern. BENEFITING: Rape Treatment Center’s Stuart House serving child victims