We know we’re in the final days and nights of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe when the awards shortlist is released, and that just happened today.
So here they are, your shortlisted nominees for the 2013 Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Awards!
Best Comic / Comedy Show
For the funniest, most outstanding, up-and-coming comic / comedy show/ act at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The prize is £10,000.
- Bridget Christie – A Bic for Her
- Carl Donnelly: Now That’s What I Carl Donnelly! Volume V
- James Acaster – Lawnmower
- Max and Ivan: The Reunion
- Mike Wozniak – Take The Hit
- Nick Helm: One Man Mega Myth
- Seann Walsh: The Lie-in King
For the performer or act who is performing their first full-length show (50 minutes or more) at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The prize is £5,000. Please note that newcomers are eligible for the Best Comedy Show Award, if that is the Panel’s decision, but no act can appear on both shortlists in the same year.
- Aisling Bea: C’est La Bea
- John Kearns, Sight Gags for Perverts
- Liam Williams
- Matt Okine: Being Black & Chicken & S#%t
- Romesh Ranganathan – Rom Com
No Americans on either of those shortlists.
But cheer up, mates. There’s still a chance for any of you to take home the Panel Prize.
Like the Fringe itself, there are no rules. Everyone is eligible. It is entirely in the gift of the Panel and Award Director and may not be awarded at all. The prize is £5,000.
The winners of all three Awards will be announced on Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013.