The annual New York Comedy Festival, aka headliners headliners headliners all week across Manhattan, has announced the lineup of headliners for its 2012 edition, happening Nov. 7-11, 2012.
Many more shows will be added between now and November, with performances — if past years are any guide — at the UCB Theatre, Caroline’s and other venues around the city.
Highlights so far for 2012 include:
- Kevin Hart at Madison Square Garden.
- Aziz Ansari at the Apollo Theater and at Carnegie Hall.
- Bill Maher at the Beacon Theater.
- Robin Williams in conversation with David Steinberg at the 92Y.
- Ricky Gervais in conversation with John Hodgman at Town Hall.
The lineup of headliners also features Jim Gaffigan, Patton Oswalt, Brian Regan, Artie Lange, Rob Delaney and Marlon and Shawn Wayans.
Tickets for these shows go on sale Aug. 8, with other events available for purchase to the general public on Monday.
New for the festival in 2012 is an event called “Next Big Thing,” held in conjunction with the Paley Center for Media to spotlight five comedy start-up businesses.
Funny or Die’s CEO, Dick Glover, and CollegeHumor’s CEO, Paul Greenberg will participate in the event.
- A full description of the company, including launch date and, if applicable, funding history and lists of investors and advisors.
- A short bio of whoever will present on behalf of the company.
- A draft slide deck of the presentation (PowerPoint or PDF preferred).
- A 5-10 minute video of the designated presenter delivering the presentation (the video may be recorded for this submission or taken from a presentation at a similar event).
- Complete contact information.