American comedians at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2012
Eddie Izzard began his comedy career there as a rogue street performer. Demetri Martin made a name for himself there before becoming big in America. And even today, popular up-and-coming stand-up Hannibal Buress is going back there for a second consecutive summer to develop his next hour of material.
There is Edinburgh, Scotland. Home to the craziest month in comedy -- Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Hundreds of comedians descend upon this city in the north of the United Kingdom to put on shows for four weeks in August.
It must seem like madness, so many shows going on at the same time in the same city, all month long. And yet, comedians and other performers embrace this madness year after year.
Which Americans have crossed the pond this August?
- Abigoliah Schamaun: Girl Going to Hell
- Adam Strauss: Varieties of Religious Experience
- American Girlfriend: Laura Levites
- Baby Wants Candy: The Completely Improvised Full Band Musical!
- Billy The Mime
- California Beach Bungalow
- The Chris and Paul Show
- Denis Krasnov's Hour of Intellectual Filth
- Dirty Thirties
- Eddie Pepitone's Bloodbath
- Fat Whore
- Gay Straight Alliance
- Glorified Disasters
- Hannibal Buress: Still Saying Stuff
- Henry Rollins
- I Am Google
- The Imaginary Radio Programme: Drennon Davis Presented by The Pajama Men
- Learning to Pray in Front of the Television
- Life's Short. I'm Not!
- Michael Pope is Gay for Pay
- Michael Winslow - Noizeyman
- Mick Foley: Prisoner of Raw
- My Damage is My Gift!
- Overexposed: A Slightly Awkward Peep Show
- Setlist: Stand-Up Without a Net
- Sound & Fury's Doc Faustus
- The Super Serious Show
- Taylor Glenn - Reverse Psycomedy
- Things We Did Before Reality, Will Franken
- Who's Your Daddy?