Hannibal Buress, Chris and Paul Show land on 2011 shortlist for Edinburgh Comedy Awards
The shortlists are out for the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards 2011 to wrap up the fringe festival this weekend, and two American acts have made the cut: stand-up comedian Hannibal Buress and duo The Chris and Paul Show are both up for best newcomer.
For Best Comedy Show, the nominees are:
- Adam Riches, "Bring Me the Head of Adam Riches"
- Andrew Maxwell, "The Lights Are On"
- Chris Ramsey, "Offermation"
- Josie Long, "The Future is Another Place"
- Nick Helm, "Dare to Dream"
- Sam Simmons, "Meanwhile"
And for Best Newcomer, the nominees are:
- Cariad Lloyd, "Lady Cariad's Characters"
- The Chris and Paul Show
- Hannibal Buress, "My Name is Hannibal: The Hannibal Montanabal Experience"
- Holly Walsh, "The Hollycopter"
- Humphrey Ker, "Humphrey Ker is Dymock Watson: Nazi Smasher!"
- Josh Widdicombe, "If This Show Saves One Life"
- Thom Tuck, "Thom Tuck Goes Straight to DVD"
- Totally Tom
Awards will be announced and handed out Saturday.
Readers of The Comic's Comic are more than well aware of Buress and his talent as a stand-up comedian. In case you need a reminder, here is Buress performing on Late Show with David Letterman:
The Chris and Paul Show, in addition to performing live, produce a weekly webisode. Here is their demo reel: